Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday- Day 3 Back & Abs

Alright so this morning while I was outside with the kids, I'm working at a summer daycare, I thought, how am I going to fit in my work out today? I work from 7 to 6 and then tonight I have to be at a photo shoot at 6:30 which means I won't be getting home until after 8. By that time all I want to do is eat and go to bed before starting it all over again tomorrow. As I was hanging on the monkey bars I realized, why not work out on the play structure? It's a perfect spot. So I worked on back and abs. Here is what I did:

Pull ups on the monkey bars- 3 sets/ 5 reps ea @ own body weight.

Hanging crunches- 3 sets/ 10 reps @ own body weight (for these you want to be in the pull up position, hanging, and bring your knees to your chest. You want to make sure that you keep your body as straight as possible, the less swinging around the better.)

Bent over dumbbell pull up- 3 sets/ 8 reps ea @ 40ibs (for this one what you want to do is take a dumbbell and bend over, you want to on a bench but if you dont have one then standing will do. Then you will lower the dumbbell straight down and then bring it to your chest. Do this for each side. Make sure to watch your form and keep the dumbbell close to your body)

As you can see my work out today did not have too many exercises but it did the job and was better than nothing. Now tomorrow should be another interesting day because I have an appointment at 7, after work. We will see what I can pull off tomorrow. Oh, I actually talked to the kids at work and we are going to start doing a morning work out for about 20 minutes each day. I already drafted up a work out plan for them. It should be fun and they are excited. I am too because this means I can get my work out's in too, sort of.

Did you get your work out in today?

There is still time to fit in a quick 15 minute work out.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment