Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday- The start of a new work out

So tonight I decided to hit the gym before heading home that way I wouldn't feel guilty for not going tomorrow. I usually end up going in the mornings before work but now that summer is here I have to be at work by 7. I am thinking my chances of making it to the gym in the mornings are slim. So tonight I went and started a new work out, well I sort of did it before but now I understand it more.

It is the Ryan Reynolds work out from when he did Blade Trinity. It is a great work out if you ever want to try it but it is not easy. I started out today with just doing chest and abs. See Ryan ended up working out one body part a day, chest day, back day, etc. I always like to throw abs in there somewhere. So here is what I did:

Stretches
Cable press- 3 sets/ 8 reps @ 100ibs
Swiss ball crunches- 3 sets/ 100 reps
Peck Deck- 3 sets/ 6 reps @ 90ibs
Dumbbell bench press- 3 sets/ 8 reps @ 45ibs
Wide lat chess press- 3 sets/ 5 reps @45ibs
Ab crunch machine- 1 set/ 50 reps @60ibs

I spent about 40 minutes at the gym.

Afterward s I wanted to make sure and have something healthy. So I pulled out the blender and started tossing things in. Now I know this might sound gross but bare with me, it was actually good. I made a smoothie that consisted of:
Dole fruit juice
2 leaves of lettuce
5 baby peeled carrots
small hand full of blueberries
4 strawberries
1 banana
a couple dashes of Cinnamon
1 raw egg
1 8 oz strawberry yogurt
Blend it all together and you got a great tasting smoothie full of fruit and vegetables.

That is it for tonight! Tomorrow I will attempt to do legs by biking after work, calf raises, and squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment